Sisterhood: A Mindful (Online) Women's Circle.
A space to check in, pause and feel whole in flux - no matter where you are.
You think you're alone - but you're not.
I know that you believe you have to figure out everything on your own, that you need to have all the answers right now, and that your doubts, uncertainty and stress are signs that you took a wrong turn somewhere. I know that you fear that, by opening up to others, you'll lose more of your own way you're only barely holding on to now.
I want you to experience another way that's possible. A way that includes having a safe space in your current life to reflect - without being pushed to act or have all the (or any!) answers. A way that includes a private community of women to share whatever is going on in your life with - the messiness, the uncertainty, the wishes, the joys, the hurts or simply the burgeoning observations.
A way that feels like a mindful (online) women's circle: a group of like-minded women to regularly take a pause with and be unconditionally supported by (even when you dare to share those things you usually hide). To feel more calm, light and hopeful - even when life isn't working out as you hoped it would. To truly experience that you're not alone - even when it comes to the things you feel the worst about. I promise...
You don't need to be fixed, or pushed, or told what to do.
But by sharing & taking a breath with others, you'll slowly start to see yourself anew.
“At first, I was a little apprehensive. Now, I don’t feel as alone with my thoughts or feelings, because the reflection exercises proved that I really wasn’t alone in feeling or thinking the way I do. I feel like Sisterhood has strengthened my voice.”
“I’ve noticed, as I’ve shared my joys and challenges, that I feel more at home in my body. Specifically, I cope with less muscle tension. I feel renewed.”
“I was struggling with huge changes in my life, leaving me in emotional turmoil. Through the eyes of the others in the Sisterhood, I’ve started to see my own strength in facing difficult life situations.”
“Before, some days were great, some days I felt totally at a loss. Now, I’m comparing myself to other women less often. I feel confident, at peace and hopeful.”
“The pressure was off. It is so HEALING to be a part of a circle and witness others journeys and how similar we all are.”
“Getting to know the other women and listening to their lives/stories helped to pull me out myself. I feel as though I’m on the right path to feeling like my ‘normal’ self again.”
“The Sisterhood taught me to share the little feelings, curiosities, wonderings of life. I guess it came at the right time.”
Sisterhood is a 3 to 4-month mindful group coaching process (online or in Frankfurt) for women to more compassionately connect with themselves and their own unfolding journey, by regularly gathering to share & reflect.
What does that look like?
- A total of five supportive 90-minute gatherings (approx. every fortnight) to vent, share, feel connected & re-find your centre amidst turmoil, things shifting or uncertainty.
- Experiencing firsthand how liberating it is to speak without being interrupted, judged or given advice by others.
- Hearing your own words reflected back to you through multiple, supportive perspectives from the other three women in your Sisterhood, based on prompts by me.
- Reconnecting with an innate sense of calm you have through brief guided mindful moments at the start and end of each gathering.
- No homework between these gatherings - just life unfolding and you doing what feels right, while knowing your upcoming Sisterhood gathering is there to support you.
- A deep feeling of relief, connection, trust - even if, on the outside, nothing in your life changes.
What I offer:
- 5+ years of professional experience counselling & coaching women from various ages, cultural & professional backgrounds.
- Personal experience with being a part of a women's circle, feeling confused, alone & like a failure, an ongoing meditation practice & therapy.
- A cosy living room table to gather around (+ herbal tea) and experience with creating an equally intimate & safe atmosphere on a video call.
- Location: Skype for the online Sisterhood / My home in Nordend for the Frankfurt Sisterhood.
- Pricing: €199 for the online Sisterhood / €249 for the Frankfurt Sisterhood.
- Date & Time: September 2017 - November 2017. Time will be determined based on availability of all participants.
Sisterhood is the thing I was looking for when I was feeling uncertain, isolated & without support. I'd love to now offer it to you, instead, if this is what you've been looking for... xxx
Join a Sisterhood
"The most courageous thing a woman can do is to speak and hear herself."
- Wokie Nwabueze.
Connect with yourself (and me).
Receive new columns and 10% discount in your inbox.